Hyperlinks are a good way to share the most up-to-date documents with your users.
You can create a clickable link to another file (stored in a cloud drive such as DropBox), or a different web address or to allow users to email you directly from the website.
1. Go to your website module in your admin area. In one of the text boxes e.g. on your Home Page, type in some text that will be 'clickable' for example: 'find out more here'.
2. Select all these words (Find out more here) with your mouse - the text will become highlighted, see below:
3. Click on the hyperlink icon in the row at the top of the text box (it's an image of a globe with a link in front of it - when you hover your cursor, you'll see the word "link" - see below:
3. After clicking on the link icon - a box will pop up - see below:
For a file stored in a DropBox, or another website address, the 'Link type' should be set to 'URL' as shown above.
For linking to a file or another web address, in the empty URL box, add in the web address of either a DropBox file, or another location on the internet. Next, click on the tab titled 'Target' .
4. Next, select 'new window' from the drop down menu. This means, that when someone clicks on the link in your website - the new location / file / email window will open in a New Window, while keeping the original window with your website open as well.
5. Click 'OK'
6. Back on your Website module - you will see that the words 'find more here' have become underlined. This means the words are now linked to your file, location, email address (whichever type you have chosen to use). When someone clicks on this link on your website, they will be redirected to the web address / file / email box that you have linked to this word.
7. Select the blue 'save details' button at the bottom to save your changes, before continuing with any other work.