Date of Purchase Memberships
Auto-renewals are available on date-of-purchase membership packages.
When enabled any eligible member who hasn't opted out will be automatically renewed and have a Direct Debit payment processed on their renewal date.
In order to be eligible, the following criteria must be met:
- The member must have a valid Direct Debit mandate with the provider
- The member must not have opted out of being included in auto-payments
- The member must have an email address
- The member must be in the active status
- The member must have at least 30 days left on their membership when the feature is enabled
- The Direct Debit payment method (in full or instalments) the member originally paid with is still an option on the package
- The package must not be continuous and must have a minimum term length of 2 months
- How to enable membership auto-renewals:
1. Create a new, or edit an existing date-of-purchase membership package.
2. Ensure you have a minimum term length of 2 months, and the package is not set to continuous.
3. Select the Auto-payment tick box. This will turn on auto-renewals for all members that are on that particular membership package. If editing an existing package your eligible members will be notified by email that auto-renewals have been enabled on the package.
With auto-renewals enabled eligible members will receive notification email 30 days prior to their expiry to inform them the auto-payment and renewal will be processed on their expiry date, giving them an option to cancel it via the email. A reminder email will also be sent 7 days before expiry if they have not already cancelled the auto-renewal.
- How to cancel auto-renewals:
Members can opt-out of an auto-renewal up to 30 days before the expiry of their current membership, at which point the auto-payment is triggered. This can be done from the 'Your Memberships' page within their account section of your website by selecting their membership package and 'Opt-out of auto-renewal'.
Admins can also opt-out on a members behalf from the membership allocation page.
When an auto-payment has been triggered 30 days before expiry, instead of opting out, users can simply cancel auto-renewal at any time before the membership expires from the same account pages.
An admin can also cancel the auto-renewal on the member's behalf, by selecting the cancel button in the member's membership allocation page.
Upon opting-out or cancelling, the membership will continue until the membership end date, at which point it will be possible to renew manually. It is possible to opt back into auto-renewal before the membership expires.
- Who will be included in auto-renewals
The Auto-pay column in the membership table displays who is eligible for an auto-renewal and the date they will be auto-renewed.
This information is also displayed on the membership allocation page.