To import your junior members, you will first have to create a junior membership package. You should create a package for all junior memberships available at your venue, e.g. Junior Under 18's 2024, Junior Under 10's 2024.
Once your package(s) have been created, you can now import your junior members into the package by either importing from an existing package or by placing them into a spreadsheet and importing the spreadsheet.
There are two ways in which you can import members into a junior package, and they are importing from an existing package or importing from an external file.
We have split this article into 3 sections to help you easily find the relevant section:
- Importing from an Existing Package
- Importing from an External File
- How to Import from an External File
Importing from an Existing Package
If you wish to import from an existing package you can do so by following the below guide:
Importing from an External File
Download our example junior import spreadsheet attached here: Junior Import Template. It's also attached at the bottom of this guide.
Tips for using our Junior Import template
Feel free to populate the rest of the document with as much or as little as you would like. You are able to edit members information once they have been imported. The cost, payment and date fields should be filled in on the row of each junior. The adult contact will receive all payment requests and invitations.
- Junior contacts need an adult Parent/Guardian to be listed as the main contact on their junior memberships.
- The Contact ID, Primary Contact ID, First Name and Last Name fields are compulsory on the Junior Import Sheet.
- Contact ID is the unique membership number which you give to each member. It can be a number, letter or symbol.
- The adult contact should be added in a separate row on the junior spreadsheet. Both junior(s) and adult (Parent/Guardian) need to list their PrimaryContactID as the Adult's Contact ID.
- E.G. Katie and John are juniors and Matt Luke is their parent. So Katie, Matt and John's PrimaryContactID is Matt's Contact ID: "2".
- If the Parent/Guardian already has their own account registered at the club, to ensure that a duplicate contact isn't created for the adult, please use the exact same spelling for the First Name, Last Name and Email that is associated with their account.
- Do not remove any columns or change the wording of each column. If you do not have the data, just leave them blank.
- Within your email column, emails must be valid and contain an '@' sign. Please also keep an eye out for full stops, as this can cause an error when importing.
How to Import from an External File
Step 1: Head to the Membership module on the left hand side in your Admin area.
Step 2: You will need to create your new membership packages if you haven't already done so. From within the package, click on the 'Import members' button.
To import from an existing package, use the drop-down box to select the package you wish to import from e.g. Junior 2023, these members will then appear within your Junior 2024 package as 'Pending' until their membership is paid.
You may also want to tick the box for 'Active members only' to prevent lapsed members also being added from a previous package.
Step 3: The steps below cover how to import from an external file. You will have the option to download the import template. Once you have added in all the details to the file, select 'Browse' to choose the file you wish to upload, and then click the blue 'Import' button.
Step 4: Once the file has successfully imported, go back to the Membership module and choose the new package again. In the new membership package, you will see all the junior members who are now within the package.
Please note: For Date of purchase memberships, the start-date inputted on the spreadsheet template will now be detected (previously the current day / imported date was the 'start-date'), we are pleased to have updated this.
Step 5: As juniors need a Parent/Guardian as the main contact, You can switch from 'Members' to 'Main Contacts' and send them emails, payment requests and invites.