Direct Debits subscriptions are set up to collect monthly instalment payments for membership fees. We use GoCardless to set up the mandates. These will run as set up in the membership package.
The member can cancel their direct debit themselves through their bank. This will cancel their membership subscription. This will stop the subscription and the membership package for that person will be updated and the administrators informed.
There may be circumstances when the member or administrator does not want to cancel their membership but would like 'pause' the membership for a period of time. This may be due to illness or our recent situation (COVID-19) when the facilities of the club are unavailable.
This guide provides details on how to pause the membership status and payment:
Within the membership module, This feature provides clubs with a way to easily bulk or individually pause direct debit membership subscriptions, so they can be resumed after the current social distancing measures are removed.
PLEASE NOTE: The action of 'pause' needs to be completed a minimum of 3 working days prior to the date it is meant to come out. i.e. If the membership fees are due on the 1st May, the action is required to be in place by the end of the 27th April.
1. Sign in and head to the 'Admin Area', then click into the 'Membership' module where you will see a list of your membership packages:
2. Click into your membership package to select the members you wish to 'pause' the subscriptions for.
Please Note: This will need to be done for all membership packages individually, and works for fixed date and date of purchase memberships:
3. You will now need to select all the members you wish to pause you can go through the list individually or tick the box (next to the First Name column) to select all. At the top you will see how many contacts have been selected:
4. Next click on the 'more' button (the icon with the three dots), you will see the option 'Pause Membership', you will need to select this:
5. This will bring up the overlay screen below, anyone paying via monthly instalments will appear in the member's box. For example, out of the three contacts originally selected in the screenshot above, one member had chosen to pay via monthly instalments, therefore, we are able to pause their next membership payment.
6. Then you need to confirm you want to pause these memberships by ticking the box and selecting 'Confirm':
7. You will then get a message telling you the membership pause was successfully processed:
8. You will then see that the member(s) will have been moved from the 'Active' tab to the 'Paused' tab with a status of 'Paused':
Please Note: The team are currently still working on creating the feature to resume membership subscriptions and this will follow shortly. As soon as the resume feature is developed we will send out communications to all administrators.