If stripe has recently contacted you as the owner of the STRIPE account about verification requirements or it is being reported that the payment can not been made. The please read the below to assist in getting your account updated. First step is to get the account owner to log on the Stripe Dashboard: https://dashboard.stripe.com/
As with any payment providers, Stripe periodically make updates to their verification requirements, which is a common practice for payment providers. All other businesses and payments providers, like Stripe, must also adapt to evolving regulations and rules. Inputs into these updates include regulatory changes, financial partner requirement changes, card network requirements, and an assessment of our customer portfolio against our company's risk program.
If the Stripe account owner for the club/coach had registered with Stripe as a Non-profit organization without the charity registration number. These are the steps to rectify this:
- Go to the Verification page of your Dashboard: https://dashboard.stripe.com/account/verifications/documents
- Click on the box that includes your organization info
- Click on the "Edit" option on the top right side
- Under the "Company Number" field you will see an option for your unincorporated organization: "Don't have a business registry number?"
- Note: If you do not have the option above available on your Dashboard please enter 0s on the Tax ID field (e.g. 00000000) and continue to step 6
- Once you click on the option included on the previous step you'll be prompted to confirm that your organization doesn't have a business registration number.
- Later a document that includes your organization name and organization address will be required for upload. Make sure the name and address on your document match the name and address in the account. If needed, you can update the details (section above the upload document option) to match your document by clicking on the "Edit" option on the top right side once you are in the organization info included on the Verification page of your Dashboard linked on step 1.
Your document should be reviewed within 24 hours after uploaded. Stripe support will notify you about the outcome of your review and if anything else is needed.
Further details on which documents are accepted for verification here: https://support.stripe.com/topics/verification
If you are having any further difficulties, then please reach out directly to email@example.com as ClubSpark is unable to access your account or make changes ourselves.
The verification documents need to include your venue website address, so this could be:
Acceptable forms of address verification for sole traders or company:
Make sure the name and address on your document match the name and address in the account.
- Driver license
- Utility Bill
- Statement from a financial institution
- Government-issued letter
- Solicitors letter
- Council OR housing association documentation
- Benefits Agency documentation
- Electoral Register entry
- NHS Medical Card
- GP letter of registration with the surgery
Acceptable forms of legal entity verification if you are a company/CASC:
- VAT Registration
- Certificate of Incorporation
- Companies House Document
- HM Revenue and Customs: VAT Certificate
- HM Revenue and Customs: Account Statement
- Charity Commission Document
- OSCR Scottish Charity Regulator
When uploading you can either take a photo or colour scan of the document.
1. If I am connecting to STRIPE as a business why do I need to put in my personal information?
Stripe allows users to connect as a company/business but there has to be the main individual that gets verified as a real person as the contact for the account. This is pretty standard for any online transactions. This ensures that chatbots cant set up fake stripe accounts or any bad actors that might scam consumers with fake products. They verify Business and individual's documents for security purposes. Essentially they are acting as a bank for collecting the business's fees. When you go set up a bank account for a business there has to be the main account contact who is an individual attached to the account.
2. How do I contact STRIPE?If you have any direct questions about your STRIPE account, You can reach out to Stripe support directly on firstname.lastname@example.org and they are usually quite quick to respond. If it is to do with your account, STRIPE will only communicate with the person named on the STRIPE account. https://support.stripe.com/