When you are accepting payments online via Stripe, these payments will not automatically appear in your bank account. The customer makes a payment online which is processed via Stripe, the funds are then deposited into your bank account based on the payout frequency selected when setting up your Stripe account. The funds deposited into your bank account are net of fees.
Stripe has a very simple and easy to use Dashboard, this allows you to view and manage your balances. You can also initiate refunds, review possibly fraudulent charges and manage disputes.
When you have logged into your Stripe account, you will see your home page. This page gives you a useful overview of activity on your account. There are real time charts which provide insight into the performance of your business, which you can apply a date range to look at a specific period.
If you select the Payments option from the left main menu, this will list all payments that have been processed through your Stripe account. You then have the option to view the payments as follows:
- Succeeded, payments that have been successfully processed;
- Refunded, any refunds that have been triggered direct from ClubSpark such as court booking cancellations and also refunds that you have processed from your Stripe dashboard;
- Uncaptured, these are transactions where there has been an unforeseen issue issue at checkout, you can ignore these payments (or cancel them). Your customers are not charged. To read more about uncaptured payments please refer to Stripe - https://stripe.com/docs/radar/reviews/auth-and-capture
Stripe have a number of reports that are great and simple to use. The payouts received into your bank account are net of fees, these reports are really helpful to assist reconciling your payouts.
From the main menu on the left of your screen select Reports. Within this section you have the following reporting options:
- Balance summary, shows the starting balance in your Stripe account, plus changes to your balance resulting from activity (payments, refunds, transfers), less fees deducted and payouts made to your bank account.
- Balance change from activity, this report details the changes to your Stripe balance from activity (payments, refunds, transfers etc).
- Payouts, provides a detailed breakdown of the payouts made from your Stripe account which you can use to reconcile to the amounts deposited into your bank account.
All of the above reports can be exported into an excel format which all give a wide range of information on the reports. When exporting the reports you can select what information you would like to include on your report, such as transaction description, customer ID, date of transaction, amount paid and fees deducted.
Changing your bank account details
If you do want to amend the bank details, so the funds are deposited into a different bank account, then the administrator of the Stripe account would need to log in and update the information within the Stripe account settings.
Changing the Stripe account linked to your ClubSpark account
If you would like to link your Clubspark account to another Stripe account, then the administrator of the Stripe account will need to send an email to our support team to confirm that they are happy for us to disconnect that account.