This guide will help you troubleshoot any issues members may be experiencing with LTA merge.
We'll cover two sections which should answer your questions and provide steps to resolve.
How to help a parent who has merged with their child's LTA login:
1. Advise them to contact the LTA who can unlink the parent's details from their child's so the LTA account is only for the junior member / player. They'll need to use the LTA's contact form via the LTA website - https://www.lta.org.uk/about-us/contact-us/.
2. They'll need to create their OWN / ADULT account via on the LTA website - https://www.lta.org.uk/register/.
NOTE: All players can have up to 8 LTA logins linked to their email address. This is useful for parents who wish to manage their child's membership and have their own or a parent who does NOT have their own login and now needs one. It may also help those with Family memberships who wish to share an email address.
3. Once the LTA have ensured the junior's LTA account is separate to the parent's information, you can add the parent as a new contact (use a '1' beside the parent's last name if they're already in your contacts module).
4. Issue the parent an invite to link their NEW LTA login with your system.
5. Once the parent's new LTA login is registered and showing on their new contact record, ensure they're the main contact of the junior member and parent of the child.
How to help a member / player who has completed the merge but their old login is still linked to your contacts module / their membership:
To first determine how a player logs in, you'll need to refer to our guide on how to check how a member is registered. If you see a ClubSpark, Facebook, Google or Microsoft account, this means the merge hasn't yet been completed or was unsuccessful.
To resolve, use the below steps:
1. Add your member via the contacts module ('1' beside surname).
2. Invite them to link their LTA login to your system.
3. Once they have accepted your invite (LTA logo will show on the new record you setup), merge their records (KEEPING THE LTA login).
They should now be able to LOGIN and BOOK COURTS / COACHING COURSES via their LTA login.
If you're still unsure or would like further advice before merging, please contact us via email on email@example.com