For all venues/coaches registered with the LTA and using ClubSpark club and coaching management tools - all members will be required to change their current log in method to a LTA login. Whilst we have worked hard to make the process as simple as possible, we know that some members have experienced challenges when completing the migration from their current log in to another.
This guide is written to help the club/coach administrtors assist in the common sceanrios that we are seeing reported. We have also included FAQs which may assist you with communicating to you members.
If a member contacts you stating there is an issue. The first things to check is their contact record. Go to the contacts module, search for the contact reporting the issue. Open the contact.
What icon is showing next to the contacts name?
If they do not have a LTA icon and you see a ClubSpark, Facebook, Google or Microsoft icons or no icon, this means the merge hasn't yet been completed or was unsuccessful.
This example shows the contact has an LTA log in.
This example shows the contact has a ClubSpark log in.
Once you have established the above - the following scenarios are explained with steps to rectify it, click on one the following to see the steps to resolve.
- They have more than one account in the contacts module (duplicate) ?
- The member says they have registered with LTA but their log in is showing as ClubSpark/ Facebook or Google still.
- The member can access the account but it is not recognising that they are a member. So its charging them to book courts.
- A parent has completed the merge process but used their child's LTA account to sign in
- The member is reporting they can no longer access the club via the booker app after merging with the LTA
- The member shares an email with their partner
- Frequently Asked Questions
If none of the solutions work or we haven't covered in this article, please contact us via email on email@example.com or submit now button above. We are here to help.
Do they have more than one account?
If so merge the accounts they only need one account- see this guide: Merging Contacts
Keeping the account that they report using. You can only merge 2 accounts at a time, if they have more than 2, repeat the process so only one account is working. Ensure that the membership is connected to the remaining account.
After you have checked the above, then the see if any of the following scenarios maybe occurring.
Its good to complete a spring clean of your contacts. You can also bulk delete contacts that are no longer using ClubSpark or never registered. Using the filters in the contacts module you can see when they were last active within ClubSpark. i.e in the filter type in 2020 and this will show all the accounts that were last active in 2020.
The member says they have registered with LTA but their log in is showing as ClubSpark/ Facebook or Google still.
There are three options here:
1) Check for the duplicate account and merge with the LTA contact. Then ask them to log in with their LTA log in. Their user name will show up. Alternatively you can share their user name as it is shown in the contact record.
2) If there is not a duplicate, then ask them to log in using their ClubSpark login details (left side of the log in screen) and if your venue has started with the merge, then they will be met with migration page to complete the merge. You can share the user guide to help them: LTA/ClubSpark Login - Single Sign-On Support Guide
They will then sign in via the LTA log in button. On both the booker app and PC/iPad.
3) If they need more assistance, you can further help them by adding a new member via the contacts module - put 1 beside their new contact so you can identify them,
- Send them an invite and ask them to log in with their LTA log in. Inviting A Contact To Register
- Once they have accepted your invite (LTA logo will show on the new record you setup), merge their records (KEEPING THE LTA login).
The member can access the account but it is not recognising that they are a member. So its charging them to book courts.
First thing is to check their contact record. Go to the contacts module, search for the contact reporting the issue. Do they have more than one account? Yes, then merge the accounts - see this guide: Merging Contacts . Keeping the account that their active membership is linked to. You can only merge 2 accounts at a time, if they have more than 2, repeat the process so only one account is working. Ensure that the membership is connected to the remaining account.
You can check which account has their active membership by opening the contact and click on Membership tab.
They have two contacts that have LTA log ins?
This happens when a member has a duplicate account and is often a contact at more than one ClubSpark club. You can see this in the contacts module main page. On the right hand side, you will see there are duplicate accounts, with the same details and same LTA icon. In this instance the fix is to merge the accounts. Merging Contacts
A parent has completed the merge process but used their child's LTA account to sign in
1. Advise them to contact the LTA who can unlink the parent's details from their child's so the LTA account is only for the junior member / player. They'll need to use the LTA's contact form via the LTA website - https://www.lta.org.uk/about-us/contact-us/.
This is especially important if the child has competition records on their LTA account.
2. They'll need to create their OWN / ADULT account via on the LTA website - https://www.lta.org.uk/register/.
NOTE: All players can have up to 8 LTA logins linked to their email address. This is useful for parents who wish to manage their child's membership and have their own or a parent who does NOT have their own login and now needs one. It may also help those with Family memberships who wish to share an email address.
3. Once the LTA have ensured the junior's LTA account is separate to the parent's information, you can add the parent as a new contact (use a '1' beside the parent's last name if they're already in your contacts module).
4. Issue the parent an invite to link their NEW LTA login with your system.
5. Once the parent's new LTA login is registered and showing on their new contact record, ensure they're the main contact of the junior member and parent of the child.
The member is reporting they can no longer access the club via the booker app after merging with the LTA
For most this has worked OK. It might be that they need to select the LTA log in button. Computers/phones are clever and store our log in details. Once they have added the new LTA username and password, the phone will remember this and they will need to log in via this method going forward.
If it is still not working, then to delete the app and reload it. Booker App Support FAQ's
It may be due to one of the first issues, i.e. they have duplicate accounts etc. So check the contacts.
The member shares an email with their partner
The LTA allows up to 8 different User names/ log ins per email address. So each member can have a different LTA user name. If they want to create two user names then add the 2nd contact and then invite them to register via the LTA. See Inviting A Contact To Register and make sure they register for the LTA log in. Ensure that this new contact is listed under the membership package with this new contact if they are an active member, so they can book courts themselves.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Why do I have to change my login to the LTA platform?
The LTA are trying to simplify the logging in the process meaning that you only need one login for all your tennis activities and benefits. This will reduce the confusion caused by having multiple Logins. There are benefits to the LTA memberships. There are free and paid memberships. The benefits of each are laid out here: For those who are active members at a LTA registered venue will have Advantage Play + membership. The benefits are listed below: More details are here: https://www.lta.org.uk/advantage/
ClubSpark is provided by the LTA to its registered venues, if you use ClubSpark, you will need all your members to have an LTA user log in. If you would like to discuss this further please reach out to the LTA directly on : https://helpcentre.lta.org.uk/help/s/contact-us
2. Do I or my members have to consent to share my details?
Yes, by creating an LTA advantage account, you are consenting to share your details as necessary for the administration of your account, or the services we provide to you.
You do have the option to opt in to receiving other marketing emails from the LTA and its group companies and/or the LTA's official partners, sponsors and suppliers. This is not mandatory and you can unsubscribe at any time if you wish to, via your account.
3. When do I have to do this by and what happens if I don't?
You will be able to bypass creating or using an LTA login once. However, on the second attempt, you will need to either create an LTA login below if you do not currently have one or log in with your current LTA account login details in order to continue.
4. What if I have forgotten my password and username for my LTA log in?
You can click on Forgot Username? or Forgot Password? links on the LTA sign-in page where the LTA will send you an email with your username or password reset.
5. Will my children's memberships and account currently linked to my ClubSpark log in still be linked?
Yes, once you have created and/or merged your account to an LTA account, you will still have access to your memberships and any linked memberships that were originally linked to your ClubSpark (email & password) account will now be linked to your LTA account so you will still be able to book courts and coaching sessions.
If you're still unsure or would like further advice before merging, please contact us via email on firstname.lastname@example.org or submit now button above.