This page provides help with the most common questions asked about the booking module.
- How can I manage who can view my booking sheet?
You will need to go into booking settings and then into managing basic settings, here you can decide who can view the booking sheet.
Click here to read further details.
Please note this doesn’t determine who can book at your venue just who can view the booking sheet.
- How do I manage who can make bookings at my venue?
This is an important step, you need to go to the booking module, into settings and then into manage schedules - it is here you decide who can make bookings at different times and at what price.
Click here to see further information on how to set your schedules up.
- Why are my members seeing padlocks when they try to make a booking?
This can be down to a couple of reasons:
- Make sure the member has an ‘active’ membership status
- Make sure the member is registered - all members must be registered to make court bookings
- To check what method a member has registered with you can check the account icon next to their name in the contacts module or by clicking on their contact record.
- If a contact has a duplicate record in the system this can cause the system not to recognise them as a member, the best thing to do is ‘merge’ these two records together.
- Why are my members getting ‘access denied’ message?
This usually happens when they are trying to view your booking sheet but the privacy settings are not allowing it, please check these settings in the basic settings. If you only allow members to view the booking sheet the members must make sure they are using the details they originally registered with to sign in, you can check this by looking at the account icon next to their name: account icons.
- How do I accept online payments for bookings?
First, you need to register with Stripe, our online payment provider click here for more details. Once you have done this go into the basic booking settings and tick the ‘accept online payments’ box. You can set up your prices in the schedules and this pulls through to the booking sheet, a player then books, enters their card details and the money goes through to your account.
- What is the payment fee to use Stripe?
2.8% + 25p per transaction (UK cards)
4.3% + 25p per transaction (International + American Express cards)
- How do you restrict how many bookings a person can make?
This can be managed in the booking rules section where you can set up the number of days in advance a person can book, the number of bookings they can make in a specific number of days and the maximum booking slots for each booking see more here.
- Can we allow a buffer period between bookings?
You will first need to change the booking slot duration to 15 minutes, in the basic settings. You will need to increase the booking rules at the bottom to allow people to book multiples of 15 minutes in max booking slot per booking. If you put the value at 6 - this enables the player to book up to 1.5 hours. Then go to the schedules and close the courts intermittently. As needed. If you have courts next to each other you could close one court 15 minutes at the start. This will then stagger the court for start times.
- How do I edit the phone number and email that pull through on the booking confirmation?
This information is pulled through from your profile module. These details can be changed by accessing the Place to Play Administrator section of the LTA website. Alternatively please contact the British Tennis Services Team on firstname.lastname@example.org who will be able to make the changes for you, which will then pull through to ClubSpark.
- Does the way you sign in to ClubSpark affect the way you access the Booking function on an ongoing basis?
Yes, you can register with ClubSpark via an email and password, your LTA details or a social account. It’s important to remember, once you have registered using one of these methods you must log in using the same method every-time.
- Can the booking system be used without being linked to the membership module?
Yes, it can, however the only way members of yours will be able to book is by setting the schedule up so 'everyone' can book - where you risk non-members booking and not having a separate price for pay and play. If you don’t want this we would suggest setting up a membership package and importing your members into this package. You can then send them an invite to register with the platform and they will be able to book courts. You don’t need to use it to take membership payments, although this is something you may want to consider as it saves a lot of admin time!
- Can players see the names against bookings on the booking sheet?
This is something you can decide, go into the basic settings, under privacy settings you will be able to select members or booking administrators. The choice as to whether you allow people to see names against court bookings or not can be applied in line with each club's rules and is at their discretion.
- Can Booking Administrators book on behalf of members?
Yes, Booking Administrators can book on behalf of members, they can enter the members name in and select their name from a drop-down list.
- Can players make bookings without leaving their name?
No, this is not possible. The player's name is pulled through from their account once they have signed in. If you have a booking without a name, it’s most likely been made by an administrator, these are the only people that can make bookings without entering a name. They need to enter a contact name or select the ‘me’ button if the booking is for them.
- How can I assign someone a role/responsibility?
In the booking settings, you can manage roles/ responsibilities - here you can create and edit the roles and responsibilities at your venue. They can be applied to different contacts/members by editing a contact’s record and adding to your schedule(s) so they can book.
Please note the options in grey are pre-set e.g. Head Coach/ Coach these are automatically in the system and can be added to a contact record without you having to create a new one. These are great for giving to your coaching team.
- How does a parent/ guardian book on behalf of a junior?
The parent/ guardian needs to register on behalf of the junior, once logged in they will need to click on their name in the top right-hand corner, where they will be able to change the user to their child. They will then be able to book on behalf of the child.
Please note: if the parent hasn’t changed users to the child and isn’t a member themselves they may see a ‘access denied’ message or ‘padlocks’ preventing them from booking as they are not the member.
Please send this article out to parent/ guardians booking on behalf of juniors.
- Can I export my booking data?
Yes, you can. Head to the booking module, use the filters to help locate the booking time frame you wish to export. You can then export your booking data to PDF or CSV file and filter the information from here.
- I don’t use the ClubSpark website. Can I link the ClubSpark booking sheet to my existing site?
You can place a link to your booking sheet on your website, which your members and contacts can follow to book courts online. This is the link to use: https://clubspark.lta.org.uk/VenueName/Booking
- I’m interested in our venue being on Rally, how can I get this feature set up on my account?